Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What's Brewing?

Lately I've traded my warm coffee for an iced version.  It's so good for the warm days, but gosh if this weather keeps changing I'll never get into a routine :)  Although I crave a good routine, I'm not complaining.  The up and down in temperatures is like my feeling about trading my scarves for flip flops.  Some days I just can't decide which I prefer most!  If you spot a gal waltzing around in confusing seasonal wear, it's me.
   It's not only coffee that's brewing these days!  March has been an eventful month!  Here it is in a nutshell:  Pops's birthday, Granny's birthday, a new job for a family member, surgery for sweet Rilie, Jeff in Dallas, Jeff changing clinical instructors, and Millie and Evan got engaged!  Phew,  I'm worn out just thinking about it all!
   That's right, we are in wedding planning mode.  I'm the official photographer, planner, Matron of Honor.  It's been fun trying to imagine what a celebration would look like that mirrors Millie and Evan's personalities and wants.  We've been productive so far!
Guess where I'm going this week...........DALLAS!  I'm flying to visit Jeff and tour TX!  I'll speak for both of us when I say, we are ready to be with each other!  Life with Jeff Williams is so much better!
   We've enjoyed sending snail mail as part of our communication.  fyi: it has taken up to 5 days for a letter to arrive!  Jeff was having a rough experience one day, so I wrote to him about Romans 8:28 telling him that all things work together for good to those who love the Lord...  Whether things smooth over now or later, we still get to spend an eternity with Christ.  That sir, is GOOD.
In the next day or so I received a letter quoting the same scripture :)  We had both been encouraged by the verse and didn't know each others' thoughts until the letters were delivered.

2 comments:

  1. Girl! You and Jeff ROCK!! I KNOW how hard it is to have a long distance relationship! Although Jake and I have not been away from each other while we have been married, we were away from each other for 3 months, 3 summers in a row while we were dating! Just know I understand that is is difficult! You guys are doing an awesome job loving each other through the distance! I LOVE getting snail mail and Jake and I also sent things to each other when we were apart! Just know that there is light at the end of the tunnel! This time will come to an end and you guys will have grown so much closer as a lovely married couple when you get to get to be together everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your encouragement! I think this quick visit will do us good and fuel us up for the next 5 or 6 weeks. I appreciate you reading my words :)

    ReplyDelete