Thursday, September 27, 2012

DIY Old Table Redo

I've been meaning to post this for a while now!  Catch up time :)
Here's a lovely table that I found while cleaning out a family member's home.  I loved how it was originally, but I knew there'd be a few apartments in our future. . . all probably with white walls.  So I decided to go with a bold, statement color.  I'm so happy with this decision.

To begin, I laid out cardboard to keep my workplace clean.  then washed off the mold. YUCK.  I didn't sand anything because I wanted to preserve natural texture.  This was also a great excuse to get results quicker instead of spending time sanding all these curves.
I added a coat or two of the teal paint.  I got the paint from Lowes.  They have the cute little pint size samples.  It's just enough for a small job like this.
I love my Hobby Lobby Knob.  I bought 4 or 5 and tried them all on, then returned the ones I didn't like.

This is now my desk and will continue being my desk as we move around.  The giant desk we had for me is way too big to be changing houses every time we go somewhere different.

1 comment: