Wednesday, March 14, 2012

DIY Directors Chair Redo

One evening I was rushing home after a photo session on Folly Beach and came across these chairs thrown out on the side of the road.  Wonderful thing about Charleston:  the city picks up trash so people dump their stuff on the side of the road.  That makes it free game before the trash trucks come!  Jeff and I were leaving for a weekend in Greenville, but managed to cram 3 directors chairs(unfolded due to rusty hinges) into the back of my car.
Due to little space in our town home I left 2 chairs in Greenville and took one back to Charleston to work on.  Since then, I've finished the chair and the other 2 chairs have disappeared. 
This poor chair was in horrible shape, but I could see potential!  The cloth was stained and grungy so it was tossed.  I scrubbed the grime and grossness off the frame and spray painted it white.  I should have sanded it before painting.






















 I was having a hard time visualizing what fabric to select, but when Mom and I saw this we knew it was right.  We were only going to get a yard or so, but the store clerk gave us the rest of the fabric role, "because no one will want the leftover scraps." We came out of the store with 2 yards of fabric so I have an accent pillow for the couch and used the fabric as a background for my DIY Calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment