Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DIY Weekly Calendar

Variations of these "Our Week" Calendars have been floating around Pinterest lately.  I decided that Jeff and I probably needed something to help keep up with each other.  Really it just helps me keep up with him :)  His class schedule is always changing and my work schedule and photography sessions keep my schedule interesting.  Here's my solution!
This frame was from Goodwill, I got it a really long time ago and had halfway painted it.  The paint color wasn't to my liking so I stop painting and put it away till I wanted to deal with it.  Surprise, I actually liked the color combination once I started putting the pieces together.
Here's what I used:
16x20 frame with glass
18x22 fabric
hot glue gun
paper
scissors
marker
1. Hot glue fabric to the board that came in the frame...that's the easiest way to make sure you have the right size. I did all gluing on the backside with the extra inch of fabric on each side.
2. Cut out papers to and tape to fabric to make your days.
3. Cut circles for the date, tape to fabric/paper.
4. Make sure everything is secure and place in frame, glass first.
Not too shabby!
5. Each week, update your calendar with dry erase markers!

No comments:

Post a Comment