Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ansel Adams

"Art is both love and friendship, and understanding; the desire to give. . .
. . . It is not charity, which is the giving of Things, it is more than kindness which is the giving of self. It is both the taking and giving of beauty, the turning out to the light the inner folds of the awareness of the spirit. It is the recreation on another plane of the realities of the world; the tragic and wonderful realities of earth and men, and of all the inter-relations of these."
-Ansel Adams
Ansel in Yosemite National Park
I've always wanted to study Ansel Adams, especially after my trip to Yosemite in 2011.  I think these words he wrote to his friend have convinced me to see what Ansel was all about.  I think I'll also work on some typography for his quote to hang in my office.  Oh Ansel, so much inspiration.

Me in Yosemite National Park
It's always an adventure with these two
The letter and image was found here

No comments:

Post a Comment